Friday, November 14, 2008

Winter Weather in Southern Alberta, Canada

Doot doot dooooo - lookin' out my back door! This is what I saw today. Wish I had something there more interesting to look at, but there is a reason for this picture. Many people think that, since I live in Alberta, Canada, we should be knee deep in snow by now. That is not the case as here in the South East corner of the province, our weather tends to be much milder than it is farther north or east. We have still to see any flakes fall here. We have been basking in glorious sunshine for the most part all fall. I'm going to keep posting a snapshot of the scene from my back door as the winter progresses so check in often!

2 comments:

  1. My Dad & sister live in the Hat and I know only too well how pleasant your days have been. I'm in northern AB and we've had a light dusting of the white stuff but it's since gone elsewhere! lol

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the wider border - but that's only how I seem to always do them . . . the last border has to be wider (in my world). Don't know why I do it, but I usually don't regret it . . . I think once the quilting and binding are all done it just frames the patchwork so much better. Plus with the wider outer border you have more options for some fancy quilting! Have fun. - Marlene

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!