Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Stash 'n Stuff

It's been almost two weeks since my last post and Easter has come and gone. The blocks for my pink and yellow quilt are still on the design wall in the guest room and I am still moving a few around. My only excuse for not posting is that I have not been doing anything in the way of quilting. It seems that my body has decided to ache non-stop for the past week, joints swollen etc. so it was difficult to get enthused about much of anything.
I did manage to pick up some knitting (as it doesn't require using tiny needles and thread) and, even though it was a little uncomfortable, managed to finish the second slipper to a pair that has been sitting around here for well over a year. Just as I was completing it, I discovered I had missed a portion of the instructions but, it looks like I did the same thing on the first one too so I am going to just leave it. I'm hoping they will fit someone. They are called Sasquatch Booties and I'm sure that kids will really like them.
Then, I finished knitting a cotton dishcloth that was half-done and started another with a pattern I created. My granddaughter Leah (14) has started knitting and now wants to make a blanket. I thought it might be a good idea for her to practice the stitches used in the pattern she picked, so I made up a dishcloth pattern using those same stitches. I decided I'd best make one from my instructions to be sure I had things right before I gave it to her! If anyone else would like to test-knit one, let me know!! Just remember that I am NOT a professional pattern writer and any input would be appreciated.


Week 14 & 15 STASH Report

Used this week: 0 M
Used Year to Date: 16.75 M
Added this week: 0 M
Added Year to Date: 7.90 M
Net used for 2010: 8.85 M

Be sure to check out how everyone else has done this week with their stash use on Judy's blog.

Finishes this week - 1 pair knit slippers, 1 knit cotton dishcloth.
Starts this week - 1 pink knit dishcloth

7 comments:

  1. Edna that pink and yellow quilt is gorgeous, I love the gradation of color. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Fran. I love your quilt. Reminds me of pink lemonaide.

    I would love to test knit your washcloth. It reminds me of a LionBrand pattern for a blanket I made my grandson when he was an infant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knitting looks great. It is good to have a break from one thing for a while. Hope the aching stops soon.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!!! Beautiful play on color with your Yellow/Pink quilt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink and yellow quilt! I think you'll have to change it's name since it's so spectacular now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute washcloth pattern! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow edna i love that pink and yellow!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!